Some time last Fall I posted a second annual reader questionnaire that some 800 of you took the time to fill out. Sadly, as these Internet things sometimes go, the sponsoring company seems to have disappeared, without ever building a link that would let me see the data.
So I spent some time looking for a replacement source of information and found an advertiser-supported site that collects site demographics. Like so much of life, the site represents a tradeoff. It is not as detailed as the reader surveys, but readers do not have to spend time filling out questionaires either. Most importantly, I can see the data, which I had promised to share.
I'm proud that A Suitable Wardrobe is read around the world. 29,000 readers visited roughly 100,000 times in January. 59% of the readers were from the United States, and 41% were from elsewhere, with the largest part of those, 9% of the visitors, coming from the United Kingdom. Taken as a whole, Western Europe is by far the largest readership cluster outside the United States.
Roughly 12,000 ASW readers visit regularly, making 85% of the visits. A hard core 2% are here more frequently than every day, and god bless you every one.
62% of the readers are male, which leaves 38% who are either here by accident or because they know a male whose dress could use a change for the better. 77% are college educated and 70% of you are older than age 35. Perhaps most interesting, 87% of you have no children at home, which may explain how you can make classic men's clothing a priority in your life.
Finally, the domains displayed by the third of you who read ASW on office computers are overwhelmingly from organizations that still respect the suit: government offices, consulting firms, and finance organizations. Surprisingly, there are a lot of university domains as well.
I hope these dry statistics are as interesting to you as they are to me, and I welcome your feedback on how to make the site more interesting and useful to you generally. I'll do my best to be responsive.